Employer: edvantEdge Learning Networks (P) Ltd.
Industry: Software Development, Web Development
Location: Hyderabad AP, India
ELNPL, a Hyderabad based technology startup in education space is looking for an inspired Technology head who is passionate about technology.
The company is developing technology platform & applications for multi-platforms delivery (desktops, tab, Smartphone etc.) of academic content.
- The incoming candidate will be inducted as part of the core team.
- Compensation will be a mix of fixed salary and equity (ESOPs) and will be structured to significantly better the candidates’ existing/last CTC.
- Prior start-up experience or experience of building products/platforms from scratch and leading a team of developers will be a bonus.
The position is based out of Hyderabad.
- The Technology Lead will provide technology leadership by way of providing thought leadership in the tech domain, developing technology vision with strong business orientation, keeping the company ahead of the herd in innovative application of technology, building product/delivery platforms development, identifying robust technology platforms, hiring right resources and overseeing execution and delivery.
- B Tech in Computer Science/Software Engineering/IT from tier one institute; Masters degree desirable but not compulsory.
- 8 years of experience in Web Application Development using PHP4/5
- Familiarity with MVC architecture for different web technologies
- Managing Enterprise Web Application projects like E-commerce, Content Management Systems & CRM Applications:
- Excellent OOAD skills
- Excellent communication with project management skills, Leadership qualities and be a self starter
- Plan, execute and deliver Products in rapid timeframes in a fast paced environment.
- Defining scope, project goal, deliverables and translating requirements into operational plan
- Proven track record in handling projects and direct interaction with customers
- Database MySQL,SQL
Technical Skills Required:
- Strong Core PHP 4/5
- MYSQL, Oracle Database
- HTML/XML /Web Services
- Exposure to PHP frameworks : cakePHP, codeIgniter
- Exposure to Any open Source systems like Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, OScommerce, ZenCart
- Linux Operating System
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Good Technical & Analytical Skills
- Experience in complete Software Product lifecycle for product delivery
- Good writing skills
- Good Verbal English abilities will be an added advantage.
- Deeply understands the practical side of adopting Web 2.0 and social networking technology paradigms such as blogs and wikis, as well as new online video repository and delivery websites such as YouTube, iTunes U and Big Think.
- Have executed atleast 2 complete project as tech lead for smartphones such as the iPhone and other intelligent devices for mobile applications. Familiar with creating new channels for content delivery, online video expansion and podcasting. Have executed projects involving Mashups.( Similar to a portal, a mashup is a newer, loosely-defined Web 2.0 technique for content aggregation. Examples of popular consumer mashups are Google maps and Diggs)
- Ability to architect and create a â€˜learner-centricâ€™ system
- Forever inquisitive with right appetite to explore any and every technology arena with disciplined focus to business goals. Have an inbuilt knack for exploring disruptive technology breakthroughs and updating fast.
- Understands Virtual meeting place tools like Webex, Dimdim and Gotomeeting and how to exploit/adapt these to business focus for our requirements.
- Up-to-date knowledge of contemporary technology standards, best practices & emerging trends in technologies
- Knowledge of the evolving online education market globally and emerging trends therein.