Industry: Finance and Accounts
Location: India, Mumbai
Investment Officer required.
for Fair Trade and Sustainable Agriculture Finance
This opening is related to our investment fundsâ€™ activity in South and SE Asia, with a focus on financing working capital and fixed assets of agriculture producer organizations certified by FLO or similar bodies but also other parties involved in the sustainable agricultural value chain (traders, processors, seeds providers, machinery providers, etc).
The position will primarily be responsible for the following tasks:
- Originating and nurturing business relations with producer and agri-value chain organizations in South & SE Asia
- Credit risk analysis of such organizations, of their markets, and of the traded commodities, including due diligence, financial modelling and scoring exercises
- Interaction with credit risk management, investment committee and transaction management and external service providers to implement and structure transactions
- Monitoring of portfolio investments and corresponding markets
While this position will be based in Mumbai, a significant amount of time is expected to be spent traveling in South & SE Asia.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the assessment or financing of institutions. Project finance experience is a plus
- Experience in the commodity trading area and/or the agriculture value chain sectors preferred
- Degree in economics, business administration, finance, or a related field from a top institution. Advanced graduate degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written English; preferably 1-2 additional South / SE Asian languages
- Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills
- Flexible and self-reliant personality with good intercultural skills
- Strong financial modeling and accounting skills; proficiency with spreadsheets
- Interest in and enthusiasm for social investments