Employer: Antal International
Industry: Finance and Accounts, Management
Location: Chennai, India
Company: A client of Antal International.
CTC: 15 lacs to 20 lacs / @
Qualification: CA / ICWA
Charted Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) or Cost and Works Accountant from Institute of Cost Accountants of India or MBA in Finance, from a reputed institute.
- At least ten yearsâ€™ senior level finance experience in a complex finance function.
- Substantial experience of management, at senior level.
- Experience in the hospital industry would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory framework and prior experience with the development and service sector, is desirable.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Financial Policy and Systems:
- Ensure that an appropriate financial policy and implementation framework is in place to guide financial decision making, in close consultation with the top level management.
- Implement and maximize the full potential of Hospital Project Management software.
- Manage Project outlay of more than Rs. 1500 crores.
Financial Planning and Management:
- Lead the process of setting and reviewing project plan with a quarterly focusand ensure the provision of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Plan and manage the cash flow for the hospital, to include a monthly cash flow forecast.
Statutory and Other Compliances:
- Maintain records to meet legal and tax requirements and to measure both the inputs and the outcomes of the organisationâ€™s operations as per Income Tax Act provisions and other relevant provisions of Indiaâ€™s legal and statutory environment (viz. Provident Fund, Gratuity, work place laws, etc.)
- Plan and manage tax liabilities and legal compliance under existing and proposed legislation. Evaluate the tax liability impact of contemplated courses of action, minimizing the tax burden and interface with tax authorities
- Ensure that all statutory requirements are complied with.
- Provide advice on taxes, accounting policies and changes in legislation
- Prepare the statutory annual accounts, ensure that the accounts are audited and relevant reports are filed as appropriate.
- Maintain contact with project management team, bankers, lawyers, and auditors
- Work closely with the Top level management and Project Managers as part of a mutually supportive team. Advise both on the likely financial consequences of all proposed courses of action
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent analytical and interpretive ability
- Experience of developing, delivering and monitoring financial strategy and plans
- Experience in the preparation, monitoring and reporting of budget and financial management information
- Awareness of organisationâ€™s secretarial, legal and tax issues
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to a broad range of people internally and externally including non-financial specialists
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting systems (Tally, Fin Acc etc.)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong leadership qualities, including the ability to innovate and manage risks
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, ability to prioritise a diverse and demanding workload, and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, networking, communications (written and verbal in English), IT, problem solving and analytical skills
- Empathy with organisationâ€™s emerging priorities and its development as a strong development foundation
- Willingness to work flexibly and travel regularly
- Patience and a sense of humour
- A passion for creative problem solving and enthusiasm about working in a â€˜start-up.â€™